Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Watchmen

I think my experience reading The Watchmen was probably the stark opposite of this author. The author seems to maintain anxiety about reading a comic book, like it is some document that is not meant to be read. Going in to the book, I was actually looking forward to it. I have never really been a big reader, mainly because I do not have the patience to sit down and read, but also because I have never read a book that really interested me; not to mention I have never read a comic book. So going in to The Watchmen I was optimistic that I would find a piece of literature I enjoyed, and what do you know, I came out with a new perspective on reading. I never really looked in to the deeper meaning of literature, but after realizing how much underlying meaning The Watchmen contained, I developed a whole new opinion on reading. Overall I feel the author that wrote the personal assessment and myself both came away rather surprised of our new outlook on comic books, but I was definitely more optimistic going in to the process.

No comments: